Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Unorganized interview experience

I was invited for a job interview with a Catholic college. As soon as the interview started, I again found myself in a awkward situation witnessing the unorganized interview process. The Search Committee members were struggling who was responsible to ask which question.
For example,
One of the committee members turned to the person who sat next to her right, "XXX, is your turn to ask?"
The woman then unwillingness looked at the paper in her hand, "Which number of question are we now?" she asked.
The woman at the far end replied, "Well, I think we are on the question number 5."
"No. We just finished the number 5 question. It's your turn. Should be the number 6 question."
"Okay..."Then she read the question to me.
Confusing? Unorganized?
The entire interview just liked that; once a while the search committee members would look over the person next to her and asked who's turn to ask and which question. I increasingly found myself in a quite uncomfortable state in this type of interview. It was new to me; hopefully that was the first and last time I had to go for that kinds of job interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment