Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Unexpectedly experiences of a job seeking librarian

Here are some of the unexpectedly experiences I encountered.

A false job offer?! - After I finished the conversation with the Dean, I "jumped "up and down because he offered me the position. Then an hour later, I received a phone call from the Search Committee Chair, she said, "The Dean probably called you too soon this morning...; We, the search committee members actually have not made our decision yet."

Undecided job description? - I was told by the Search Committee, "Please don't pay too much attention to the job posting because we keep adding and revising the job description."

Dysfunctional working environment? - "The biggest challenge we are having here in the library is that we're dealing with a malfunctioning unit." It is honest but un professional approach.

Cleaning the house? - "I will be removed from my [library] office and unit next week. It is always changing around here."

No comments:

Post a Comment