Tuesday, January 3, 2017

College closing and losing my job - it is NOT my fault

I have read many comments of people are losing their jobs with the closing of private career colleges. Unfortunately I will soon be one of those librarian who has been dedicating to students and promoting life long learning.

When I shared the news with one of my friends, I was surprised what she said to me. She said, "You should know that when you signed on working for a private career college." In fact, I was stunned for what I heard.

PLEASE, the college is closing but it is NOT my fault! We work as hard as any state university/college librarians. In fact we work much harder than any "regular" academic librarian because we wear so many hats - we are the tutors, research assistants, iPad trainers, emotional supporters, catalogers, collection development librarians, outreach librarians, faculty coordinator, campus librarians....

No comments:

Post a Comment