Monday, January 9, 2017

Job market for librarian ... it's very bad

It is very hard to land a full-time librarian job ... not only I have experienced many "unbelievable" interviews (see my previous posts), but also the logic of "supply and demand" - nowadays, there are too many online library schools and too many graduates every semesters. Plus the technology has been rapidly changing. It is tough.

I have gone through all the searching process and then I received email message informing me that the position is no longer available due to the unpredictable financial situation. ... And one of my applications sent me a message indicating that they search committee made a mistake - the position is limited to current internal staff...

The state university I served from 2003 to 2015 closed one of is graduate studies libraries and I was "let go". Since then I have been struggling to land a librarian job. It is now 2017; it seems that things have not yet turned around.

No comments:

Post a Comment