Thursday, January 19, 2017

Another job seeking experience

I applied for a librarian position at a state university in town. I received a phone interview invitation; then two days later I received an email message from the Search Committee Chair indicating that the position is limited to current internal applicant. SO that's it - I told myself.

Surprisingly, the initial phone interview call came. I told the Search Committee Chair that I was told the position was limited to current internal applicant; and I am not a current staff at the university. I heard she consulted with her colleagues. The she said, "Oh yes.. do you want to process the phone interview process?" I was so surprised for her request. I replied, "I don't think so." In my mind, what's the point?

Apparently the university HR department did not communicate with the Search Committee. Is it a surprise?! It's so unorganized.

No comments:

Post a Comment