Saturday, April 10, 2010

National Poetry Month: Contemporary Chinese Poet: Xu Zhimo 徐志摩

One of my favorite Chinese contemporary poet is Xu Zhimo 徐志摩 (January 15, 1897-November 19, 1931). He was an early 20th century poet who educated in the "Western world". He promoted the form of Chinese modern poetry. His poems have impressed a lot of people, especially the teenagers in China. His poems are touching and meaningful. Here is one of his famous peoms - it is also one of my favorite ...

徐志摩的《再別康橋》
Farewell Cambridge (Say Goodbye to Cambridge Again)

輕輕的我走了,正如我輕輕的來;
I leave softly, gently, Exactly as I came.

我輕輕的招手,作別西天的雲彩。
I wave to the western sky, Telling it goodbye softly, gently.

那河畔的金柳,是夕陽中的新娘;
The golden willow at the river edge; Is the setting sun's bride.

波光裏的豔影,在我心頭蕩漾。
Her quivering reflection, Stays fixed in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment