Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jorge Cham's PhD student comic strip collection

I accidentially "discovered" these comic strip when I looked for books related to PhD research, graduate student's academia life. Once I started reading the first one, I just couldn't put it down. Then I found myself to look for the second, and then the third one, and so on - it is incredible funny and so REAL. It reminds me the good old days when I was a graduate student decades ago.

(1) Piled Higher and Deeper: a graduate student comic strip collection
(2) Scooped! The third piled higher and deeper comic strip collection
(3) Life is tough and then you graduate: the second piled higher and deeper comic strip collection
(4) Academic stimulus package: piled higher and deeper comic strip collection

I highly recommend these books to anyone who is planning or attending to graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment