Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Book: Forgiving your cheating but dead husband?

Perfection: A Memoir of Betrayal and Renewal by Julie Metz

Julie Metz found out that her marraige is NOT as perfect as she thought after her husband passed away. Her husband had a two-year long affair with another woman in the same town six months after his dead. What make me astonished is that the author herself started a relationship with a young artist almost immediately after her husband's funneral. I do not like this book - the betrayal, the lies, the loss, and the irresponsibility attitudes. However I do impressed by the author's candidness, including her own "inappropriate" behavior - I know it is arguable issue for some readers because she had the affair with a man AFTER her husband deceased. But I still strong believe that it is a very inappropriate behavior - don't forget she has a six years old daughter! I have to admit that it is hard for me to put down this book as I followed Julie's true story. It is because it is well-written and the story is very moving. - a real life story,

It is hard to forgive others mistakes but quite easy to forgive our own mistakes. - human nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment