Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Humorous and touching: For Better of For Worse collection

For Better of For Worse is a comic strip collection by Lynn Johnston that started in September 1979. The latest on, "Just a Simple Wedding" was published in March 2009. - The upcoming new one, Somthing Old, Something New, will be published in Novemebr 2010.

The strip is set in the fictious Toronto-area suburban; it chronicles the lives of a Canadian family, the Pattersons and their friends. It is seen in newspapers throughout Canada and the United States.

I picked up the latest book of this series from the new books shelf at the Wisconsin Rapids McMillan Public library  in the Winter of 2007. First, I saw the title of the series, then when I flipped over the pages, I just couldn't put it down. Then I "traced" back to all the older series. It is simply because the books collect moments from the Pattersons' lives - real life stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment