Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Toni Morrison's Who's Got Game? Three fables

Last Saturday when I served at the Reference Desk, I noticed that there are three children books on the reserved shelf - Who's Got Game?: The Ant or the Grasshopper? The Lion or the Mouse? Poppy or the Snake? First, I thought it probably is a "mistake" - we are an academic library and most of our students are in Graduate School. And, we do not have children literature class on campus. Why do we have children on reserve? My second thought was... Toni Morrison writes children books? SO, out of my curiosity, I picked up one of the books and started reading during my break. The stories are very familiar and certainly bring back my childhood memory. (a big smile)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna. . .I love your blog! I too saw the children's books and now I'll read them. Your little mouse in the middle of nowhere is wonderful. Now, tell me where is "nowhere?"

    ReplyDelete