Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Book: Laughing without an accent: Adventures of a Global Citizen

Written by Firoozeh Dumas, Laughing without an Accent: Adventures of a Global Citizen is a delightful book. This book actually is built on the author's first book, Funny in Farsi (2003), offering more stories from her life . But it is not quite as homourous as her first book, in my opinion. I think the "problem" is that I love her first book and then when I read her second book, I have more "unreasonable" expectations. Both Firoozeh books are fun to read. The books unveil the differences and commonalities between Iranian culture and the American Culture. - I have lived in different parts of the globe and met so many people who are from all over the places. Some of Firoozeh's immigration experience can relate to what I have experienced - it makes me loud and being sentimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment