Saturday, September 10, 2011

An exceptional well-done movie: Summer in Genvoa

I have been studying for hours - so I picked up this DVD at the library: Summer in Genvoa. I thought it's a romantic relationship movie. SO I put it in the DVD player and was ready to fall asleep soon.

Surprise! It turned out that it's a movie about how a family deal with grief and come to learn about themselves - the mother died in a car crash unexpectedly. Five months later, the academic father brought two girls with him and move to Italy to start over.

It's a sad story. To make the story more saddness is the city of Genvoa. Genvoa is an old city. The back alleys and the maze of streets darkened the inner turmoil of each of the family....

It is a well-done film and I watched the whole movie without falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment