Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Autumn has arrived

Looking outside ... Leaves are falling down. I begin to see the "fall color." Oh boy, where is the summer?

Here is one of my favorite Chinese poems (Tang Dynasty) that I learned as a little girl. I found myself feeling homesick....

《山居秋暝》("Mountain Living In An Autumn Night")
 (唐) 王維  Wang Wei

空山新雨後, 天氣晚來秋。
With passing rain, Mountain is fresh,
With cooling air, autumn night has arrived.

明日松間照, 清泉石上流。
Moonlight shining through the pine trees brightly,
Crystal waters flowing across pebbles.

竹喧歸浣女, 蓮動下渔舟。
From bamboo groves came,
I heard the giggling noise of the returning silk washing young girls,
I heard the lotus swaying from returning fishing boats.

随意春芳歇, 王孫自可留。
The flowers are yielding their last fragrance,
I am certainly always be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment