Monday, August 30, 2010

Book: Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Children Book

Yes it is a young adult book; but yet it shows how a children book impacts on the young readers. This Book, Everything I know I learned from a Children Book was written by Anita Silvey. This book collects individuals’ experience with children books – how the books make such a great impact on their lives. The contributors include journalists, writers, illustrators, business man and woman, athletes, politicians. I cannot imagine anyone who grew up without books.

Those little colorful children books remind me the late children librarian in my home town – her smile, her recommendation of books, her lively stories, and her patience with the little ones. She was very funny but strict. Her voice arose from behind the Desk, “Please walk! Don’t run!” All the little kids slowed down in front of her Desk and then ran off quickly to the other side of the library.

Thank you, Miss Donna!

No comments:

Post a Comment