Sunday, May 8, 2011

Reference librarian and digital libraries

On my way to work this early afternoon, I turned on the radio and listened to an interveiw of a reference librarian in Massachusetts. The host and the reference librarian discussed the changing role of a reference librarian at the public and academic libraries in the past decade. Only a few minutes, I have an impression that the reference librarian who was on the air, does not even want to hear the term "digital library." (?) She pointed out so many unrealistice negative points (in my opinion) about the library's role, new appearance and services in the digital era.  -:)) Sadly I ended up to turn off my radio

Well ... getting people to change certainly is NOT easy. But I am very surprsied to hear a "resistance" from a reference librarian! I hope that the radio listeners know that those comments are from ONE reference librarian and her opinions definitely do not represt all reference librarians - probably only a very feww librarians agree with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment