Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bravo! The King's Speech

I have heard so many positive comments about this movie; yet I haven't see it until last night - I got it from the local library after waiting for months.

It is a story of Prince Albert who "accidentally" became the King of England because his brother gave up the kingdom for a woman he loved. It is a well-known story. This movie successfully portrayed the principle story. The messages I got from this Academy Award movie are:

(1) The powerful of love - Prince Edward's love for Mrs Wallis Simpson, an American divorced woman. He chose his love over the throne of England. It was the love story of the century which I heard since I was a child.

(2) The King's speech therapist, Lionel Logue - he did not have any qualifications and credentials; yet he helped King George VI overcome the obstacles - made public speaking.

(3) It's a slice of history with a very real problem that many people deal with: stammering or stuttering.

Fascinating and powerful story!

No comments:

Post a Comment