Monday, April 18, 2011

A practical research "guide" book for graduate students

I have been working at academic library for quite a while. Assisting students for their research papers is one of my major responsibilities. As time goes by, I gain more an dmore experience in providing good research tools for students. Last week I browrsed the stacks with an aim to local a practical printed resoruce for our students - nowadays everyone wants electronic resources ("sigh"). There is one book which just caught my attention last week.

Arlene Fink, Conducting Research Literature Reviews. Don't be fool by the title. This is NOT a book for literature reviews. It rpovides very in depth information how to design research and research methods.  - I do hope that the title of this book is simple "Conducting your research" or " how to write your graduate research paper", etc... But anyway, it is a very useful. The author offers good hints of designing research methods, reviewing literature reviews, and conducting research questions by providing examples. Each chapter has exercises and answers for student to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment