Saturday, April 30, 2011

Library role in digital repository services

I just finished ARL's "The research library's role  in digital repository services: final report of the ARL digital repository issues task force" report.

I certainly do not remember I took any classess related to repository services when I was a graduate student at library school. In fact I could recall that the librray school offered any repository related courses  - it has been over a decade ago. Now I am wondering whether there are repository services courses at any ALA accredited library schools. - Technology changed and the role of traditional library has dramatically changed. Repository services has become one of the important elements at institutional research library in a digital environment.

This 47 pages report provides a in-depth information of the common issues and questions of digital repository services. It also offers valuable suggestions, strategies and plans on the repository services in research libraries.

http://www.arl.org/bm~doc/repository-services-report.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment