Thursday, September 2, 2010

What Would Dewey Do?

When things all went wrong at the library - such as last night. Computers were NOT working. Called the IT Department and got the message, "The IT Department is now closed; please call back during the business hours." (???) I was supposed to show students how to utilize library resources and how to access via the library web page.

Eventually a gentleman came, but guess what? He is the facility person of the building! Oh boy! He told me that nothing he can do about computers. I just have to go by without the "technology."

Luckily I always have a Plan B - handouts!!!

My last night experience reminds me the an unshelved collections series, especially the book titled, What Would Dewey Do? - by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum

No comments:

Post a Comment