Sunday, September 5, 2010

Oh Boy! again qualitative and quantitative research

It is a "nightmare" for any new graduate student who has no prior training or knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research. - in the past two days I have been "digging" the literature about these two research methodologies, including books and articles. It seems that scholars make it harder than it is. They build more and more theoretical approaches when they explain these two styles of research. Confusing, for sure. ...

As a librarian, I surely should know the differences between these two approaches. Here is what I have experienced. I read and read until I thought I have a better and clear concept what they are and what the differences ... then a student approached me and asked me. As soon as I opened my mouth, trying to explain... I realize that I am not TOO clear on that ...Oh boy! I need to do more reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment