Sunday, September 12, 2010

Book: The Pearl of China -

This novel is based on Pearl Buck's legacy. It is a book about the life of Pearl Buck who was three months old when she was brought to China by her missionary father. She lived in China for over 40 years. I love Pearl Buck's books! SO when I knew a book based on her life is coming up, I was so excited. I am reading it and not quite finish yet. But this afternoon I heard from the public radio interview of the author, Anchee Min. I feel a little bit "disappointed" in a way.

Sadly the author, Anchee Min mentioned that she "cut off the root of China." How can one cut off one’s own root? It is quite impossible. We cannot imagine what kind of notion behind that statement. I feel sorry for her - she wants to deny her own root.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment