Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Debatable" issues at the Library of Congress

The original Declaration of Independence is now located at the National Archives. Personally I think it is a debatable issue. It should  not be moved from the Library of Congress to the National Archives. - I found many people came to the Information Desk and asked for this particularly item.

The National Arhives building is NOT next to the Library of Congress. It is NOT a walking distance. So I found myself keep giving an unpopular ansers to the people who approached to the Desk.

People come to the Library of Congress and expect to see "miles of books." - Where are the books? Oh well they all are housed "behind the scene." In order to  browrse and "touch" the collection, readers will have to get a researcher card. Again, I have been giving another "unpopular answer" to the people who came to the Desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment