Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Tiger Mom" - book by Amy Chua

Before I read this book, I have watched the TV interview of Amy Chua, the author of the book titled Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother. I have to say that I am not sure what is her intention of writing this book. I did not get an answer from her book release interview. Thus I decided to read this book.

Publishing Weekly states that "Chua promotes what has traditionally worked very well in raising children." I completely disagree. In spite of my disagreement of the the Chua's way of raising children is absolutely NOT a typical "CHINESE WAY." Yes, most Chinese moms have very strict rules for their children, but not all of them are in an abusive way - CONTROLLING, as depicted in this book.

Please enjoy this book as a memoir BUT not see it as an example of how Chinese moms raise their "superkids." Read this book and make your own judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment