Saturday, January 22, 2011

Book: My Life As a Chicken

Written by Ellen Kelley, this is a book about a chicken who want to be the first-ever chicken triathlete. I love this book - the adventure of "Pauline Poulet" is so excited. She escapes her dreary life of doing nothing but laying eggs; but she winds up in a scary REAL wood.

The story reminds my late pet chicken "Pumpkin." - She loved to explore the bushes near my property. She hid herself in the cellar. She loved to sleep in my arm with her head resting on my thumb....

Chickens are actually smarter than we thought. They also have feelings.

This children book tells us about an "unusual" life of a chicken. The story is excited but humorous. The illustrations are great. It is not only a good bedtime story, but also a story reminds us that chickens are NOT just at the bottom of our food chain. Chickens can be our best friends, or our dearest pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment