Saturday, December 8, 2012

Education is becoming irrelevant

It seems to me that education is becoming irrelevant.

Three days ago, the academic dean came to the library and asked me for help. She is currently pursuing her doctoral in education leadership. She was about to finish one of her term papers and asked me to review the APA citation page for her. She sent me the Bibliography via email and brought the articles and sources to the library.

I just could not believe what I was given. None of the citations was cited correctly. The Dean even does not have the ability to recognize who is (are) the author(s) of the research article – the series titles are cited as the authors! What a shame! I was not given the entire research paper; yet I wonder how she did for the in-text citations!

The explanation of how she lands the position of Academic Dean at the university is very simple. She “knows and has very tight connections with university administrators. The implication is that you do not need a good education to be employed. What you need is the “connections,” especially in current economy climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment