Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Book: Encyclopedia of the Library of Congress

I checked out this book at my hometown public library. Surprisingly I am able to check out this encyclopedia. I guess it is because it is NOT a new book. It was published in 2004.

This book collects , articles, essays and photos of the history of the world largest library. It is divided in different sections such as Asian collection, The Law Library Collection, The Copyright Office. This book is very informative but it lacks of organization. The essays are not in a particular order. It randomly from the brief history of Library of Congress to Copyright Office, from the Library of Congress and American Literature to the Library of Congress and National archives. Part II is the collection of articles. Personally I hope that the articles are arranged in chronological order instead of alphabetical order.

No comments:

Post a Comment